Senior Clinician Scientist
- PhD (Cum Laude) from the University of Amsterdam
Raph Hamers is an internist and infectious disease physician based at the Eijkman-Oxford Clinical Research Unit (EOCRU) in Jakarta, Indonesia. His research to date has been centred on the clinical management, epidemiology and public health aspects of HIV, particularly drug-resistant HIV and chronic immune dysregulation, with over 10 years of experience in research projects in sub-Saharan Africa.
- HIV and opportunistic infections
- Antimicrobial drug resistance
- Multidisciplinary approaches to improve health outcomes in low-resource settings
- Post-doctoral fellowship from the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research through the Innovational Research Incentives Scheme (Veni)
- Honorary positions at the Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam.
- Curbing the rise of HIV drug resistance in low-income and middle-income countries: the role of dolutegravir-containing regimens.
Lancet Infect Dis. 2019 Mar 19. pii: S1473-3099(18)30710-2. doi: 10.1016/S1473-3099(18)30710-2.
- Dolutegravir for second-line antiretroviral therapy.
Lancet Infect Dis. 2019 Mar;19(3):218-219. doi: 10.1016/S1473-3099(19)30035-0. Epub 2019 Feb 4.
- Dolutegravir in sub-Saharan Africa: context is crucial.
Lancet HIV. 2019 Feb;6(2):e72-e73. doi: 10.1016/S2352-3018(18)30331-X. Epub 2018 Nov 29.
- HIV drug resistance in low-income and middle-income countries.
Lancet HIV. 2018 Oct;5(10):e588-e596. doi: 10.1016/S2352-3018(18)30173-5. Epub 2018 Sep 4.
- What the WHO's List of Essential Diagnostics means for clinical microbiology laboratories and antimicrobial stewardship practice worldwide.
Clin Microbiol Infect. 2019 Jan;25(1):6-9. doi: 10.1016/j.cmi.2018.08.013. Epub 2018 Aug 24.
- Adjunctive dexamethasone for the treatment of HIV-infected adults with tuberculous meningitis (ACT HIV): Study protocol for a randomised controlled trial.
Wellcome Open Res. 2018 Jun 20;3:31. doi: 10.12688/wellcomeopenres.14006.2. eCollection 2018.
- Antibiotic consumption in low-income and middle-income countries.
Lancet Glob Health. 2018 Jul;6(7):e732. doi: 10.1016/S2214-109X(18)30270-5.
- HIV Drug Resistance.
N Engl J Med. 2018 Mar 1;378(9):873-4. doi: 10.1056/NEJMc1716089.