Field-site Clinical and Microscopic Manager
About: Dr Krisin is a medical doctor and currently in charge as a site manager for clinical trials in EOCRU. He leads a clinical trial team in primaquine studies in Indonesian soldiers and communities, such as “Improving radical cure of vivax malaria (IMPROV)” project in Hanura, Lampung, Indonesia. He has involved in clinical trial projects for almost 25 years. He is also an expert malaria microscopist and an international trainer for malaria microscopy training. He awarded a Meritorious Service Award for completing missions of medical research and clinical investigation at high malaria endemic areas in Armopa, Papua by the US-military international biomedical research laboratory in Jakarta. Several awards were received for his significant contributions in developing standardized malaria microscopy slides and providing medical services to emergency situations after Tsunami in Nias Island and Yogyakarta’s Earthquake.
- Meritorious Service Award for assistance and cooperation in completing mission of medical research and clinical investigation on the Armopa SP2 Malaria Project, 1996-97,NAMRU-2. 10/1997
- Senior FSN of the Quarter for NAMRU-2, The 2nd Quarter CY 2005. 5/2005
- Team of doctors sent to assist ofthe Nias disaster, US Embassy Jakarta. 3/2005
- Outstanding contribution to standardization of malaria microscopy(MR4) award, NAMRU2. 4/2005
- US Mission Indonesia Meritorious Honor Award for service and assistance beyond the call of duty to the victims of the
- June 2006 Yogyakarta Earthquake, helped save many lives and prevented disease and disability from occurring in people affected by the disaster. 8/2006
- Ten years of service award, US Embassy Jakarta Indonesia. 12/2009
- Randomized trial of primaquine hypnozoitocidal efficacy when administered with artemisinin-combined blood schizontocides for radical cure of Plasmodium vivax in Indonesia. BMC Med. 2015 Dec 11;13(1):294. doi: 10.1186/s12916-015-0535-9.
- Impact of a spatial repellent on malaria incidence in two villages in Sumba, Indonesia. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2014 Dec;91(6):1079-87. doi: 10.4269/ajtmh.13-0735. Epub 2014 Oct 13.
- Purnomo Projodipuro (April 11, 1934-May 10, 2013) Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2013 Aug;89(2):202-4. doi: 10.4269/ajtmh.13-0284.
- Active case detection, treatment of falciparum malaria with combined chloroquine and sulphadoxine/pyrimethamine and vivax malaria with chloroquine and molecular markers of anti-malarial resistance in the Republic of Vanuatu Malar J. 2010 Apr 6;9:89. doi: 10.1186/1475-2875-9-89.
- Seasonal distribution of anti-malarial drug resistance alleles on the island of Sumba, Indonesia. Malar J. 2009 Sep 29;8:222. doi: 10.1186/1475-2875-8-222.
- Seasonal prevalence of malaria in West Sumba district, Indonesia. Malar J. 2009 Jan 9;8:8. doi: 10.1186/1475-2875-8-8.
- Combined chloroquine, sulfadoxine/pyrimethamine and primaquine against Plasmodium falciparum in Central Java, Indonesia. Malar J. 2006 Nov 14;5:108.
- Mefloquine Is Highly Efficacious against Chloroquine-Resistant Plasmodium vivax Malaria and Plasmodium falciparum malaria in Papua, Indonesia. Clin Infect Dis. 2006 Apr 15;42(8):1067-72. Epub 2006 Mar 13.
- Pola Penyakit Transmigran Jawa dan Transmigran Lokal di Daerah Hiperendemis Malaria Armopa SP2, Kecamatan Bonggo, Kabupaten Jayapura, Papua Tahun 1996-1999 Buletin Penelitian Kesehatan, 30 (4) 2002
- Primary infection by Plasmodium falciparum or P. vivax in a cohort of Javanese migrants to Indonesian Papua Ann Trop Med Parasitol. 2003 Sep;97(6):565-74.
- Onset of clinical immunity to Plasmodium falciparum among Javanese migrants to Indonesian Papua Ann Trop Med Parasitol. 2003 Sep;97(6):557-64.
- Malaria in a Cohort of Javanese Migrants to Indonesian Papua Ann Trop Med Parasitol. 2003 Sep;97(6):543-56.
- Age- Dependent Impairment of Ig G Responses to Glycosylphosphatidylinositol with Equal Exposure to Plasmodium Falciparum Among Javanese Migrants to Papua, Indonesia. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2003 Jul;69(1):36-41.
- Chloroquine or Sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine for the treatment of uncomplicated, Plasmodium Falciparum malaria during an epidemic in central Java Indonesia. Ann Trop Med Parasitol. 2002 Oct;96(7):655-68.
- Randomized, parallel placebo-controlled trial of primaquine for malaria prophylaxis in Papua, Indonesia Clin Infect Dis. 2001 Dec 15;33(12):1990-7. Epub 2001 Nov 12.
- The T76 mutation in the pfcrt gene of plasmodium falciparum and clinical chloroquine resistance phenotypes in Papua, Indonesia Ann Trop Med Parasitol. 2001 Sep;95(6):559-72.
- Performance of the OptiMAL assay for detection and identification of malaria infections in asymptomatic residents of Irian Jaya, Indonesia. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2000 Sep-Oct;63(3-4):139-45.