Lenny L. Ekawati
Scientist and PhD Student
- MPH, University of Indonesia, Depok, Indonesia
- BS., University of Padjajaran, Bandung, Indonesia
About: Lenny earned BSc in Biology and MPH in Health Informatics. She is a lead investigator for community-based survey of treatment-seeking behaviour at malaria endemic districts in Indonesia. She is also a consultant for external quality assurance for malaria microscopists and parasitological-based laboratory assessment. Her research study focuses on survey-based epidemiology in malaria endemic areas in Eastern part of Indonesia. Other involvements include study on primaquine efficacy when combine with schizontocidals against relapse of Plasmodium vivaxand case control study of single-dose dextromethorphan to assess CYP2D6 phenotype in Indonesian soldier patients. Her research interests include epidemiology, health system, diagnosis, treatment, health anthropological studies and quality assurance. She awarded Small Research Grants from the Asia Pacific Malaria Elimination Network (APMEN), Flexible Small Grant from Wellcome Trust - Institutional Strategic Support Fund (WT-ISSF), WT-ISSF Grant for Research Public Engagement, and Non-academic training grant support for advanced epidemiology short course.
- Health system
- Diagnosis, treatment, and health of anthropological studies
- Quality assurance
- Asia Pacific Malaria Elimination Network (APMEN) Small Grant 2012
- Wellcome Trust - Institutional Strategic Support Fund (WT-ISSF) Flexible Small Grant 2013
- WT-ISSF Grant for Research Public Engagement 2014
- Non-academic training granted by University of Oxford for advanced epidemiology short course 2015.
- Accurate light microscopic diagnosis of South-East Asian ovalocytosis.
Int J Lab Hematol. 2018 Jul 13. doi: 10.1111/ijlh.12900.
- Randomized trial of primaquine hypnozoitocidal efficacy when administered with artemisinin-combined blood schizontocides for radical cure of Plasmodium vivax in Indonesia.
BMC Med. 2015 Dec 11;13(1):294. doi: 10.1186/s12916-015-0535-9.
- A comprehensive assessment of the malaria microscopy system of Aceh, Indonesia, in preparation for malaria elimination.
Malar J. 2015 Jun 11;14(1):240. doi: 10.1186/s12936-015-0746-8.
- Randomized, open-label trial of primaquine against vivax malaria relapse in Indonesia.
Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2013 Mar;57(3):1128-35. doi: 10.1128/AAC.01879-12.