Susan Irawati Ie
- B.Biomed.Sc. (Melbourne University, Australia)
- M.Biomed.Sc. (Monash University, Australia)
Susan is a young research assistant at the Eijkman Institute for Molecular Biology, Jakarta, Indonesia. Her research interests concern mainly the characterization of hepatitis B virus (HBV), which is prevalent in Indonesia. Since she joined the Institute in 2008, she has been involved in various laboratory activities as well as data analysis and preparation of published manuscripts.
Her current projects involved the analysis of HBV serological profile in Indonesian samples in association with the characterization of its molecular background, using a combination of bench work assays and proteomics/bioinformatics tools to achieve a thorough analysis of the data from both public health and basic research perspectives.
- Ie SI, Turyadi, Sidarta E, Sadhewa A, Purnomo GA, Soedarmono YSM, Pattiiha MZ, Thedja MD, Harahap AR, Muljono DH. High prevalence of hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection in young adults in Ternate, Eastern Indonesia. Am J Trop Med Hyg (Submitted 5 Mei 2015).
- Thedja MD, Muljono DH, Ie SI, Sidarta E, Turyadi, Verhoef J, Marzuki S. Genogeography and immune epitope characteristics of hepatitis B virus genotype C reveals two distinct types: Asian and Papua-Pacific. PLoS One 2015 (Accepted).
- Turyadi, Thedja MD, Ie SI, Harahap AR, El-Khobar KE, Roni M, Muljono DH. HBsAg, HBeAg and HBV DNA level changes and precore/basal core promoter mutations in the natural history of chronic hepatitis B in Indonesian patients. Hepatol Int 2013; 7:969-80; DOI 10.1007/s12072-013-9438-z.
- Turyadi, Roni M, Thedja MD, Ie SI, Sidarta E, Harahap AR, Muljono DH. Pre-core and basal core promoter mutations during the natural history of chronic hepatitis B patients in Indonesia. Hepatology Int 2011; 5:162. (PP06-31).
- Ie SI, Sidarta E, Turyadi, Thedja MD, Soedarmono YSM, Sadewa A, Harahap AR, Muljono DH. Hepatitis B virus infection in multi-ethnic populations of Ternate. Hepatology Int 2011; 5:91. (PP04-19).
- Ie SI, Thedja MD, Roni M, Muljono DH. Prediction of Conformational Changes by Single Mutation in the Hepatitis B Virus Surface Antigen (HBsAg) Identified in HBsAg-Negative Blood Donors. Virol J. 2010; 7: 326.
- Thedja MD, Roni M, Harahap AR, Siregar NC, Ie SI, Muljono DH. Occult hepatitis B in blood donors in Indonesia: altered antigenicity of the hepatitis B virus surface protein. Hepatol Int 2010; 4: 608–14; DOI: 10.1007/s12072-010-9203-5.
- Hepatitis B virus infection in children of HBV-related chronic liver disease patients: a study of intra-familial HBV transmission. Hepatol Int. 2017 Jan;11(1):96-104. doi: 10.1007/s12072-016-9764-z. Epub 2016 Sep 13.