Senior Research Assistant
- M.Biomed, Biomedical Science, University of Indonesia, Jakarta, Indonesia
- S.Si. of Biological Science, University of Indonesia, Depok, Indonesia
About: Dewi earned BSc in Biology and MBiomed in Biomedical Science. Before joining EOCRU, her works related to thalassemia at the Laboratory of Red Blood Cell Disorders in the Eijkman Institute for Molecular Biology. She substantially contributed to several laboratory works, such as the impact assessment of combination of β-thalassemia and Southeast Asian Ovalocytosis to hematology profile and prenatal diagnosis of alpha and beta thalassemia. She has worked in EOCRU since 2011 and working on mapping of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (G6PDd) prevalences and variants in Indonesia as well as conducting in vitro experiments for G6PDd diagnostic tests.
- Red blood cells disorders
- Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency
- Population Study
- Primaquine metabolism in G6PD deficiency
- Y-Chromosomal Microdeletion in Idiopathic Azoospermic and Severe Oligozoospermic Indonesian Men.
Acta Med Indones. 2017 Jan;49(1):17-23.
- Noninferiority of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency diagnosis by a point-of-care rapid test vs the laboratory fluorescent spot test demonstrated by copper inhibition in normal human red blood cells.
Transl Res. 2014 Sep 28. pii: S1931-5244(14)00336-3. doi: 10.1016/j.trsl.2014.09.009.
- Spatial distribution of G6PD deficiency variants across malaria-endemic regions.
Malar J. 2013 Nov 15;12:418. doi: 10.1186/1475-2875-12-418.
- G6PD Deficiency Prevalence and Estimates of Affected Populations in Malaria Endemic Countries: A Geostatistical Model-Based Map
PLoS Med. 2012;9(11):e1001339
- Global epidemiology of sickle haemoglobin in neonates: a contemporary geostatistical model-based map and population estimates
Lancet. 2013 Jan 12;381(9861):142-51.
- Two novel mutations of SRD5A2 gene in Indonesian siblings with clinical 5-alpha-reductase deficiency.
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2010 Dec;23(12):1329-33.
- Detection of beta-globin gene mutations among Kelantan Malay thalassaemia patients by polymerase chain reaction restriction fragment length polymorphism.
Singapore Med J. 2008 Dec;49(12):1046-9.