Senior Research Fellow
- Ph.D. (University of Queensland)
- PGDipSci (University of Queensland)
- B.Sc(Hons) (Universitas Gadjah Mada)
Dr. Tedjo Sasmono is a Senior Research Fellow at the Eijkman Institute. He started his scientific career at the Institute back in 1994, soon after graduated from Gadjah Mada University in Yogyakarta, Indonesia as a research assistant. He was then pursued a postgraduate diploma study in molecular biology in 1997 at the University of Queensland, Australia. In 2000, he continued his education for doctoral study in molecular biology and obtained his Ph.D. degree from the Institute for Molecular Bioscience, University of Queensland, Australia in 2003. Afterward, he performed a short postdoctoral fellowship at the same Institute and in 2004 he continued the postdoctoral training in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at Monash University, Australia. He was then moving back to Indonesia and setting up Dengue Research Unit at the Eijkman Institute. Dr. Sasmono received several scholarships/awards such as the Australian IPRS (2000), UQ-IRPS scholarship (2000), the University of Queensland Indonesian Alumni Award (2011), Australia Awards Fellowship (2016), and ASTMH Travel Award (2016). Currently, Dr. Sasmono is the group leader for Dengue Research Unit. Dr. Sasmono other activities including serving as a member of the National Ethics Commision for Health Research and Development, Indonesia and member of the Medical Research Ethics Committee of the National Institute for Health Research and Development (NIHRD), Ministry of Health of the Republic of Indonesia.
Tel. : +62-21-3917131
Fax. : +62-21-3147982
- R. Tedjo Sasmono and Elizabeth Williams. (2012) Generation and Characterization of c-fms-EGFP Transgenic Mice. In “Leukocytes: Method and Protocols”, Robert B. Ashman and Christine Wells (Eds). The Humana Press.
- R. Tedjo Sasmono and David A. Hume. (2004) The Biology of Macrophages. In “The Innate Immune Response to Infection”, S.E. Kaufmann, R. Medzhitov and S. Gordon (Eds). The American Society of Microbiology press.
- Genomic characterization of Zika virus isolated from Indonesia. Virology. 2017 Jul 26;510:248-251. doi: 10.1016/j.virol.2017.07.026.
- Dengue seroprevalence and force of primary infection in a representative population of urban dwelling Indonesian children. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017 Jun 15;11(6):e0005621. doi: 10.1371/journal.pntd.0005621. eCollection 2017 Jun.
- Phylogenetic and evolutionary analyses of dengue viruses isolated in Jakarta, Indonesia. Virus Genes. 2017 Jun 9. doi: 10.1007/s11262-017-1474-7.
- Clinical and virological characteristics of dengue in Surabaya, Indonesia. PLoS One. 2017 Jun 2;12(6):e0178443. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0178443. eCollection 2017.
- Dengue in Bali: Clinical characteristics and genetic diversity of circulating dengue viruses. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017 May 22;11(5):e0005483. doi: 10.1371/journal.pntd.0005483.
- Association of Endothelial Glycocalyx and Tight and Adherens Junctions With Severity of Plasma Leakage in Dengue Infection. J Infect Dis. 2017 Mar 15;215(6):992-999. doi: 10.1093/infdis/jix041.
- Willingness to pay for a dengue vaccine and its associated determinants in Indonesia: A community-based, cross-sectional survey in Aceh Acta Trop. 2017 Feb;166:249-256. doi: 10.1016/j.actatropica.2016.11.035. Epub 2016 Nov 28.
- Production of recombinant dengue non-structural 1 (NS1) proteins from clinical virus isolates. Protein Expr Purif. 2016 Sep 17. pii: S1046-5928(16)30239-X. doi: 10.1016/j.pep.2016.09.007.
- Dengue vaccine acceptance and willingness to pay. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2017 Apr 3;13(4):786-790. doi: 10.1080/21645515.2016.1259045. Epub 2016 Dec 1.
- Modifiable determinants of attitude towards dengue vaccination among healthy inhabitants of Aceh, Indonesia: Findings from a community-based survey. Asian Pac J Trop Med. 2016 Nov;9(11):1115-1122. doi: 10.1016/j.apjtm.2016.07.036. Epub 2016 Oct 22.
- Community Willingness to Participate in a Dengue Study in Aceh Province, Indonesia. PLoS One. 2016 Jul 12;11(7):e0159139. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0159139. eCollection 2016.
- Dengue score: a proposed diagnostic predictor for pleural effusion and/or ascites in adults with dengue infection. BMC Infect Dis. 2016 Jul 8;16(1):322.
- The molecular and clinical features of dengue during outbreak in Jambi, Indonesia in 2015. Pathog Glob Health. 2016 May 23:1-11.
- Dengue vaccine acceptance and associated factors in Indonesia: A community-based cross-sectional survey in Aceh. Vaccine. 2016 May 18. pii: S0264-410X(16)30316-4. doi: 10.1016/j.vaccine.2016.05.026.
- Isolation of Zika Virus from Febrile Patient, Indonesia. Emerg Infect Dis. 2016 May;22(5):924-925. doi: 10.3201/eid2205.151915.
- Concurrent infections of dengue viruses serotype 2 and 3 in patient with severe dengue from Jakarta, Indonesia. Asian Pac J Trop Med. 2016 Feb;9(2):134-40. doi: 10.1016/j.apjtm.2016.01.013. Epub 2016 Jan 13.
- Genomic analysis and growth characteristic of dengue viruses from Makassar, Indonesia. Infect Genet Evol. 2015 Mar 14. pii: S1567-1348(15)00090-8. doi: 10.1016/j.meegid.2015.03.006.
- Performance of Simplexa dengue molecular assay compared to conventional and SYBR green RT-PCR for detection of dengue infection in Indonesia. PLoS One. 2014 Aug 7;9(8):e103815. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0103815. eCollection 2014.
- Molecular surveillance of Dengue in Sukabumi, West Java province, Indonesia. J Infect Dev Ctries. 2014 Jun 11;8(6):733-41. doi: 10.3855/jidc.3959.
- Growth characteristics and cytokine/chemokine induction profiles of dengue viruses in various cell lines. Acta Virol. 2014;58(1):20-7.
- Performance of commercial dengue NS1 ELISA and molecular analysis of NS1 gene of dengue viruses obtained during surveillance in Indonesia. BMC Infect Dis. 2013 Dec 29;13:611. doi: 10.1186/1471-2334-13-611.
- Molecular surveillance of dengue in Semarang, Indonesia revealed the circulation of an old genotype of dengue virus serotype-1. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2013 Aug 8;7(8):e2354. doi: 10.1371/journal.pntd.0002354. eCollection 2013.
- Heterogeneity of Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains in Makassar, Indonesia. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2012 Nov;16(11):1441-8. doi: 10.5588/ijtld.12.0055.
- Strain-dependent differences in bone development, myeloid hyperplasia, morbidity and mortality in ptpn2-deficient mice. PLoS One. 2012;7(5):e36703. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0036703. Epub 2012 May 8.
- Generation and characterization of MacGreen mice, the Cfs1r-EGFP transgenic mice. Methods Mol Biol. 2012;844:157-76. doi: 10.1007/978-1-61779-527-5_11.
- The Ewing sarcoma protein (EWS) binds directly to the proximal elements of the macrophage-specific promoter of the CSF-1 receptor (csf1r) gene. J Immunol. 2008 May 15;180(10):6733-42.
- Characterisation and trophic functions of murine embryonic macrophages based upon the use of a Csf1r-EGFP transgene reporter. Dev Biol. 2007 Aug 1;308(1):232-46. Epub 2007 May 25.
- Mouse neutrophilic granulocytes express mRNA encoding the macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor (CSF-1R) as well as many other macrophage-specific transcripts and can transdifferentiate into macrophages in vitro in response to CSF-1. J Leukoc Biol. 2007 Jul;82(1):111-23. Epub 2007 Apr 16.
- T-cell protein tyrosine phosphatase, distinctively expressed in activated-B-cell-like diffuse large B-cell lymphomas, is the nuclear phosphatase of STAT6. Mol Cell Biol. 2007 Mar;27(6):2166-79. Epub 2007 Jan 8.
- The JNK are important for development and survival of macrophages. J Immunol. 2006 Feb 15;176(4):2219-28.
- The colony-stimulating factor 1 receptor is expressed on dendritic cells during differentiation and regulates their expansion. J Immunol. 2005 Aug 1;175(3):1399-405.
- The Biology of Macrophages. In “The Innate Immunity Response to Infection”, S.E. Kaufmann, R. Medzhitov and S. Gordon (Eds).
- Nonsyndromic sensorineural deafness associated with the A1555G mutation in the mitochondrial small subunit ribosomal RNA in a Balinese family. J Hum Genet. 2003;48(3):119-24.
- The mononuclear phagocyte system revisited. J Leukoc Biol. 2002 Oct;72(4):621-7.
- A macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor-green fluorescent protein transgene is expressed throughout the mononuclear phagocyte system of the mouse. Blood. 2003 Feb 1;101(3):1155-63. Epub 2002 Sep 12.
- A highly conserved c-fms gene intronic element controls macrophage-specific and regulated expression. J Leukoc Biol. 2001 Nov;70(5):812-20.
- Developmental genetics of deleted mtDNA in mitochondrial oculomyopathy. J Neurol Sci. 1997 Feb 12;145(2):155-62.