Research scientist/manager of clinical microbiology laboratory
- Ph.D, Clinical Microbiology, Utrecht University, Utrecht, Netherlands.
About: Decy earned BSc in Biology, MSc in Biology and PhD in Clinical Microbiology. Her research interests include antimicrobial resistance testing, bacteria, parasitic and viral diarrheal diseases, enteric fever, bacteremia, febrile illness, and outbreak investigation. She leads the clinical microbiology laboratory in EOCRU and develops effective collaborative supports with the Department of Medicine and Department of Pharmacology at University of Indonesia. In 2005, she awarded by US Embassy in Jakarta for her significant contribution in establishing an Infectious Disease Laboratory in Aceh, Indonesia and medical technology transfers affiliated with the Indonesian Ministry of Health.
- Antimicrobial resistance testing
- Bacteria, parasitic and viral diarrheal diseases
- Enteric fever/ bacteremia/ febrile illness
- Infectious diseases investigation
- Screening of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus nasal colonization among elective surgery patients in referral hospital in Indonesia.
BMC Res Notes. 2018 Jan 22;11(1):56. doi: 10.1186/s13104-018-3150-y.
- Randomized trial of primaquine hypnozoitocidal efficacy when administered with artemisinin-combined blood schizontocides for radical cure of Plasmodium vivax in Indonesia.
BMC Med. 2015 Dec 11;13(1):294. doi: 10.1186/s12916-015-0535-9.
- Noninferiority of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency diagnosis by a point-of-care rapid test vs the laboratory fluorescent spot test demonstrated by copper inhibition in normal human red blood cells.
Transl Res. 2014 Sep 28. pii: S1931-5244(14)00336-3. doi: 10.1016/j.trsl.2014.09.009.
- Enteric fever burden in North Jakarta, Indonesia: a prospective, community-based study.
J Infect Dev Ctries. 2013 Nov 15;7(11):781-7.
- Etiology of acute, non-malaria, febrile illnesses in Jayapura, northeastern Papua, Indonesia
Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2012 Jan;86(1):46-51.
- Laboratory capacity building in Asia for infectious disease research: experiences from the South East Asia Infectious Disease Clinical Research Network (SEAICRN)
PLoS Med. 2010 Apr 6;7(4):e1000231.
- Group A rotavirus-associated diarrhea in children seeking treatment in Indonesia.
J Clin Virol. 2007 Dec;40(4):289-94.
- Prevalence of enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) in hospitalized acute diarrhea patients in Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia.
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2003 Oct;47(2):399-405.
- Antimicrobial resistance of bacterial pathogens associated with diarrheal patients in Indonesia
Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2003 Jun;68(6):666-70.
- Enteropathogens associated with acute diarrhea in community and hospital patients in Jakarta, Indonesia.
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2002 Oct 11;34(2):139-46.
- Characterization of Norwalk-like virus associated with gastroenteritis in Indonesia
J Med Virol. 2002 Jun;67(2):253-8.
- Incidence of Norwalk-like viruses, rotavirus and adenovirus infection in patients with acute gastroenteritis in Jakarta, Indonesia.
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2002 Mar 25;33(1):27-33.
- Toxins and colonization factor antigens of enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli among residents of Jakarta, Indonesia.
Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2001 Aug;65(2):120-4.