Ungke Anton Jaya
Senior Virology Laboratory Analyst
- Magister in Biomedical Science, University of Indonesia, Jakarta, Indonesia
About: Ungke earned BSc in Biology and MBioMed in Biomedical Science. He has involved in numerous viruses studies for over 20 years with main interests on virology diagnostics, emerging viruses and biology molecular methods. He contributed a co-investigator in a number of virology studies, including identifying emerging viruses in West Java, analyzing viral etiology from febrile patients from various region in Indonesia, and developing a production series of Chikungunya vírus and Japanese vírus antigen for IgM MAC-ELISA method. His previous assignment was Chief of Molecular Laboratory in Virology Department the US-military international biomedical research laboratory in Jakarta. His thesis explored the construction of recombinant plasmid for Dengue-2 DNA vaccine candidate from Indonesian isolates. He received trainings of arboviruses diagnostics and H5N1 sequencing techniques from US CDC.
- Infectious Diseases (Virology)
- Molecular Diagnostic
- Risbin IptekDok- Ministry of Health 2015
- Japanese encephalitis virus infection in non-encephalitic acute febrile illness patients.
PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2020 Jul 14;14(7):e0008454. doi: 10.1371/journal.pntd.0008454. eCollection 2020 Jul.
- Detection of central nervous system viral infections in adults in Manado, North Sulawesi, Indonesia.
PLoS One. 2018 Nov 16;13(11):e0207440. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0207440. eCollection 2018.
- Presentation, etiology, and outcome of brain infections in an Indonesian hospital: A cohort study.
Neurol Clin Pract. 2018 Oct;8(5):379-388. doi: 10.1212/CPJ.0000000000000517.
- Occurrence of measles genotype D8 during a 2014 outbreak in Banjarmasin, South Kalimantan, Indonesia.
Int J Infect Dis. 2017 Jan;54:1-3. doi: 10.1016/j.ijid.2016.10.029. Epub 2016 Nov 4.
- Assessment of Point-of-Care Diagnostics for G6PD Deficiency in Malaria Endemic Rural Eastern Indonesia.
PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2016 Feb 19;10(2):e0004457. doi: 10.1371/journal.pntd.0004457. eCollection 2016 Feb.
- West Nile virus documented in Indonesia from acute febrile illness specimens.
Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2014 Feb;90(2):260-2. doi: 10.4269/ajtmh.13-0445. Epub 2014 Jan 13.