March 16, 2016
On 16 March 2016, Eijkman Institute welcomed H.E. Dr. Mauro Dell'Ambrogio (Swiss State Secretary for Education, Research and Innovation), H.E. Dr. Yvonne Baumann (Ambassador of Switzerland to the Republic of Indonesia), Juergen Brokatzky-Geiger (Board member Novartis AG Basel) and representatives from several universities in Switzerland. A total of 12 delegates had a meeting with Eijkman Institute in order to explore possibilities of collaboration in near future.
Delegations of Switzerland:
1. H.E. Dr. Mauro Dell'Ambrogio - State Secretary for Education, Research and Innovation, Federal Department of Economic Affairs, Education and Research. Head of Delegation.
2. H.E. Dr. Yvonne Baumann - Ambassador of Switzerland to the Republic of Indonesia
3. Mr. Daniel Derzic - Counsellor and Deputy Head of Mission, Embassy of Switzerland in Indonesia
4. Ms. Anouk De Bast - Scientific Advisor, International Relations, State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation, Federal Department of Economic Affairs, Education and Research
5. Ms. Dewi Barnas - Officer for Economic Affairs, Education and Research, Embassy of Switzerland in Indonesia
Representatives of the Swiss Universities and Research Institutions
1. Mr. Jean-Luc Barras - Head of Division International Cooperation, Swiss National Science Foundation
2. Dr. Barbara Becker - Director for Global Transformation Affairs and as such member of the Management Team of ETH Global, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETHZ)
3. Prof. Peter Edwards - Director Singapore ETH Centre, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETHZ)
4. Mr. Paul Steffen - Head of Institute for Sustainability Sciences (ISS), Head of Corporate Research Agroscope (CRA), Swiss centre of excellence for agricultural research (Agroscope)
5. Dr. Franco Vigliotti - Dean of EPFL Middle East, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL)
6. Prof. Jean-Luc Wolfender - President of the Section on Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Geneva
7. Dr. Christian Zurbrügg - Member of the Directorate & Group Leader Solid Waste Management, Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology (EAWAG)